Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Tin Mug - In Memory of My Late Father

Recently, the Chinese, the Buddhist all around the world, celebrated the annual Chinese 7th Lunar Month's Ulambana Festival. It is a day where one pays filial piety to his/her parents and ancestors, to help them to be released from all sufferings from their past negative accumulated karmas. Special Buddhist prayers on that day, could be dedicated to the dead or the living...including to oneself.

As I was sicked, on 25 August 2012, I could not join my family members for the Ulambana prayer for my late father, where his ashes is placed at the Kwong Tung Chinese Cemetery (Heritage Park)'s Pagoda.  I have no regret but peace, to have spent 8 full months with my late father on father-son moments before his last breath....

Here is a photo of the exact type of tin mug that my late father always like to use for his drinks, i.e. for his iced tea, iced orange juice, soft drinks, including hot beverages....you could always hear the stainless steel teaspoon cling-clang when he stirred his drinks / beverages in the tin mug....and you know, Daddy's home.....

A tin mug - in memory of my beloved late father....Namo Amitabha, Namo Amitabha, Namo Amitabha.

Tin Mug

Entrance to Kwong Tung Chinese Cemetery (Heritage Park), Kuala Lumpur

The Pagoda where my late father's ashes is placed in

Flowers were everywhere on that day
 Photos from Kwong Tung Chinese Cemetery (Heritage Park) - courtesy from my Sister Sara.

Those who would like to understand more about Ulambana Festival, may read a Sutra about it by clicking on this link The City of 10,000 Buddhas Website

  

  

No comments: